Net Searching Shortcut Page
Bookmark it -- you'll be glad you did!
Number of visitors to this page since November 22, 1996:
- link:http://foo.bar.com/ to search for links to a URL
- url:http://foo.bar.com/ to search for pages in a URL
- + and - (- = NOT)
- NEAR for words that must be near each other
- Sample: "fairy tale" +frog -dragon
- Capitalizing adjacent names causes Infoseek to treat the words
as a single name.
- "quotation marks" denote words that must appear next to each
- hyphenating-words indicates that the words must appear within
one word of each other.
- [use brackets] to find words that appear within 100 words of each
- Put a +plus sign in front of words that must be in the
- Put a -minus sign in front of words that must not be in
- Search terms treated as a "fuzzy AND" -- an OR with priority to ANDs.